Report: Antiatomkraft-Demo in Tokyo

July 17th, 2012 | Tagged , , , | 17 Comments | 1044 reads

Today, at the 17. June, I've just thrown my good intentions overboard: Actually, I had my self-imposed, in Japan nicht politisch aktiv zu werden – sprich, I thought it was questionable as to, whether I have the right to, me to participate in demonstrations. Finally, I'm just a guest here. If a persistent host.

Demobeginn in Yoyogi: Everything beautiful colorful

But if I Herumgeeiere in terms of nuclear power here so see, I see myself forced to really, my principles to jettison. After all, my wife had our son, then 1-month and 4-year-old daughter at that time because of the ultimate home-made disaster of Fukushima a hurry to leave town. And now it is the policy, convince the people, that it should fire up the more nuclear power plants again, otherwise the lights go out. Only 16 Months after Fukushima. You just learn not to, and instead of looking for alternatives, wants to continue as before.
Today (a holiday) found for this reason the 10万人 集会 jūmannin shūkai – 100’000-People meeting instead of. They gathered at noon in the large Yoyogi Park in the center. Famous musicians (For example, Ryuichi Sakamoto) and writers (For example, Nobel Prize Kenzaburo Oe) There were, and at the end of the demonstrators marched on three different routes through the city.
Participate in a Japanese demo is basically unremarkable and similar dangerous, like taking a 2-year-old the candy. Violence can be expected under any circumstances. No chaotic, no black block, No stick wielding policeman. While I was still But they make you a Exploding from the ear, but since it's only a matter of principle: Apparently the policy in Japan does not matter, what people think, But there must be even in Japan, a pain threshold for politicians. Located at the 100,000 Demonstrators? Apparently not. One million? Who knows. So go first. Even my Schwiegeeltern decided, to go (their first demo) and are specifically made a sign.
Actually, I wanted to go with his wife and children, but we had to cancel at short notice.

Sehr clever: Solution easy to stick umbrella!

Such crowds of around 35 Degrees and blazing sun comes in small children not so well. So it went off alone. Without a shield. The Ringer! In Yoyogi, more precisely, around Harajuku Station, all hell broke loose, because while there was the show “Disney on Ice” instead of. What a mixture. Hovered over the park 5 Press helicopters, and hundreds of police ensured order. Many participants had homemade signs while, other conveniently pasted their umbrellas with slogans. A young band played live on a trailer - very refreshing and very unjapanisch. Of course, because not all participants own pieces. A few political parties and organizations send out their people. All in all it was very colorful.
As the trial itself expired, was typical Japanese: Very, very ordered. Only a portion of the road is blocked, So the whole entourage moves into the length. In addition, the convoy also chopped up by long traffic signals, But somehow we meet again. The police presence is massive, but only, to maintain order and all in all, quite favorably. After an hour the train was already over.
Whether it does what? According to the organizers were 170’000 People there. According to police, 70’000. The true figure is somewhere in between are according to experience, But the chances are not bad according to, it's really more than 100’000 were. One can only hope, that the movement does not fade away, because the government will next week give permission for the upshift of another reactor. And that is worrying, for thus will you step by step to the back “Normality”. And that is anything but normal.

We have also attached a short video – most frequently heard the following phrases:

再 稼 働 撤回 Saikadō Tekkai – Take back the re-opening
脱 原 発 Datsu-Genpatsu – Get out of nuclear power!
原 発 反 対 Genpatsu Hantai – Against nuclear power!

17 Responses to “Report: Antiatomkraft-Demo in Tokyo”

• Dean says:

Yes, the unusual thing today was already ne! An unbelievable number of people and very unusual for Japan, “civil disobedience” seen in this scale. For this typical Japanese organized by zoff absolutely free and fully. Food stalls and drink stands were all represented, as if it were a summer festival. Vending machines were filled regularly, Toilets were available and subjects were given pre-printed with anti-nuclear slogan. Practically.
    The number of press helicopters in the sky must have got lost on the way home, was for the evening news again reported only sparsely. Although the majority of people in politics seem to be little or not at all able to express, but it was good to see that some have understood very well, How much has it beaten Clock.

• Caraway says:

Finally, something happening ;-) …will not only help a lot. I think (myself am involved in the energy sector), that the reconnection mainly commercial and possibly. is still driven capacitance-driven…previously they had all coal and gas (Gas-To-Liquid) replace, which is relatively expensive-shit.

If you continue to be ridiculous, in the nuclear force, the consequential costs and possible accidents aside, It is unfortunately still the cheapest.

I would be interested, how to deal in Japan with the wind-energy, or there are technical reasons, the other hand, tend to speak, since the risk too great, that go with every typhoon that things hops ?

Times would be an important future-XX-year plan of the government, Geothermal, Wind, Solar, whatever…You also need to renovate their network, is even more of a stand-alone grid, Hokkaido is not even connected clever…and then the 50/60 Hz Thema…

• Hanayagi says:

Oh, You were there too? Had we briefly closing times will. My report follows later :)

• Henry says:

Despite all the skeptics, My call was answered by Aufgebaeren. The demos are just the beginning not the end. Want to have in Japan has begun a new era and it was not it should regard themselves… :-)

• zoomingjapan says:

Very interesting!
    I find great, how you use yourself!
    Have you discussed where Japanese? That would indeed be interested to know me.

• R.E. Krumm calibration says:

Who insisted, then again here!
    Demo was not the, It was a parade (Paredo ~ japanisiert). This is a world of difference. The, made the demos, are now at my age, alt68 ~ '74 in Japan. And since that time but it went right down to business, They are standing in the FRG in nothing.
    But awakened Japan. It is 3 before 12. And we, not the foot health, are.
    In place, I like Japan, exaggerating with my arguments, my hearty really quite large clientele of 18 – 81 Years quickly the tears in your eyes. Many, by using “vaccinated” attended the paredo ;-)

• Henry says:

Monday Demon 89/90 was there and yes I'm just about forty. ;-) Tabibito was certainly present, guess we know what it heist to go on the road and keep your head down if it can also engwerden. Face of these experiences, I have the gegenwertigen パレドデモ [paredodemo] \(^ O ^)/
      I'd rather have. Get up there and the thing does not lose sight of the!

• krummu says:

As you rightly say E., I would now also be found in Cologne no longer paving stones and my arguments today myself be hurtful, as the end of the 60. I have next to 2 Years psychol. Fighting force (BW) and learned several studies. How words can be swords and weapons of mass destruction, without a drop of blood to start flowing. But then plenty. 33-45 and other. ;-)
        I always hope, my word that violence is not in the original sense of the word “Violence” ~ Gebarudo / Japanized understands.

• tabibito says:

@ Dean
    That was very strange with the helicopters. But in the late news, the demo after all, for almost 30 Seconds above. Interestingly, the figures were once again: 170’000 According to the operator. 70’000 According to the police. “Fast 200’000″ According to ARD. Sounds better, of course,.

@ Cumin
    Wind energy is used quite, but unfortunately only in very, very small scale. Typhoons seem to be no problem since, because in classical Taifunschneisen wind turbines are.
    But of course – an overhaul of the network in addition to standardization would be more desirable than. Also, decentralization can be slow in coming. In puncto Solarenergie gab is bad die ja 100’000-Roofs Initiative and interesting projects such as the zero-emission commercial premises in Kawasaki, But there is a lack of large follow-up projects. Probably the most noteworthy initiative is the ecopoints – energy-efficient refrigerators who, Air conditioners, etc.. buys, get points credited, saving money.

@Hanayagi
    And, There were apparently a lot of people because, I know, I have made and for none :(

@Zoomingjapan
    Most were too busy chanting various slogans with the, and because of the burning sun, I had a scarf on her head – I fall so amazingly, seems less. Therefore – no, Surprisingly, I was (hardly) a raised. There were however a number of other foreigners here.

@R.E. Krumm calibration
    I wish you every success in the future at the grassroots initiative!

@ Henry
    No, I'm not as old as you :) Was then 15 and could not leave my boarding school on Monday evenings…

• Julia says:

Hat nicht direkt mit dem Thema zu tun, aber ich möchte deine Einstellung loben. Wie oft habe ich mich schon über Leute geärgert, die freiwillig nach Japan gegangen sind und trotzdem erst mal allen Japanern (and I) dort erklären mussten, was falsch läuft. Dann bleibt doch zu Hause?
    (Meine Lieblingskandidaten sind übrigens die, die kein Japanisch können und dann meckern, wieso niemand in Japan Englisch spricht.)

• Lena says:

Märtyrerin im AtomstaatAtomarbeiterin Karen Silkwood” possibly. erinnert sich der eine or andere an diesen Film!

PS: gesehen im deutschen Kinolange ist es her!

• krummu says:

Lena-san,
      auch hier gibt es einiges anMärtyern”. Ich wuerde die aber lieber mit TEPO und Noda & Konsorten denken und sie kleine Kollateralschäden bezeichnen, die bei solchen grossangelegten weltumspannenden Projekte schon in der Planung mit einkalkuliert sind. Es muessen aber noch “some” mehr dazu kommen, denn sonst hauen die Planzahlen nicht hin.
      Sorry, mir bleibt nur mein Sarkasmus

• ProAtom says:

Von erneurbare Energien halte ich nichts. Atomkraftwerke haben den Reichtum begründet. Ohne sie fällt ein Land zurück ins tiefste Mittelalter. Nichts anderes sinderneuerbare Energienals Mittelaltertechnologien. Windräder, Wasserräder oder Heizen mit Holz usw sind nur Spielzeuge. Alles Propagada. Kein Tier und kein Mensch kann im Umkreis von 20km neben einem Windrad überleben. Die Strompreise werden hier in Deutschland noch vor dem Atomausstieg unbezahlbar sein.
    Das ist auch einer der Gründe wieso ich aus Deutschland auswanderen will.
    Animes und Manga haben mein Interesse an Japan geweckt und ich finde den Blog toll, aber sollte Japan die Grüne Diktatur einführen fällt es als mögliches Auswandererland weg.

• krummu says:

Bleiben Sie in Ihrem Manga- und Animeland, wo immer das auch sein mag.
      Was ich allerdings weiss, es ist nicht auf diesem Planeten. Phantasien in dieser Comic-Richtung schaden keinem, und die sei Ihnen aus vollstem Herzen weiter gegoennt.
      Nur sind Sie sicher, dass kein normaler Mensch hier auf Sie wartet. Von daher haelt sich der Verlustschmerz unsererseits in engen Grenzen. (ich verwand hier extra die einfache Pluralform, nicht Pluralis Majestatis ;-)).
      Alles andere, was aus Ihrer Feder floss, spottet jeder Beschreibung. Daher 0 comment ;-)

Gruss REK

• Henry says:

@ProAtom >>sollte Japan die Grüne Diktatur einführen fällt es als mögliches Auswandererland weg.

War ein kurzer Traum von Japan!
      Tagesthemen 23:00 Clock, 29.07.2012 http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/protestejapan100.html

• Robert says:

Zum Thema KKWs gibt es eine sehr interessante Studie, in the 2010 erstellt wurde. Sie ist zwar quasi schon veraltet, weil sie u.a. bereits abgeschaltete KKWs (u.a. Biblis A+B) unter die Lupe nimmt, aber man kann auch als Nicht-Technik-Experte viele Dinge daraus mitnehmen über den Umgang mit gefährlicher und hochkomplexer Technik auch in Deutschland (z.B. über die teils laxe Handhabung bei Reparatur- und Wartungsmaßnahmen):

Risiken alter Kernkraftwerke
    Studie im Auftrag der Bundestagsfraktion von Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen
    erstellt von: Renneberg Consult UG, Wolfgang Renneberg, http://www.atomsicherheit.de
    Bonn, June 2010

Passend dazu dann ein Beitrag über das was Atom-Insider einem Autor, Dichter und Denker aus Hanau (NUKEM) geflüstert haben (Stichwort RBU) über die “Security” deutscher KKWs:

AmEnd ! Günter Amendt nachgeschrien
    HaBEs Versuch eines Nachrufes
    Veröffentlicht am 14. March 2011 von Hartmut Barth-Engelbart

Und hier die Aussage eines KKW-Managers (Tenor: Deutsche KKWs sind sicher) from 17.10.10, also wenige Monate vor Fukushima:

Question: Die Reaktorblöcke Biblis A und B gingen 1974 and 1976 ans Netz. Damit gehören sie zu den ältesten deutschen Atommeilern. Was würde man sicherheitstechnisch heute anders bauen?
    Answer:

In Biblis haben wir sicherheitstechnisch erheblich nachgerüstet und Komponenten verwendet, zum Beispiel in der Leittechnik, die auch im EPR zum Einsatz kommen werden.

Die obige Studie von Herrn Renneberg zeigt was von einer solchen Aussage bezüglich der Nachrüstung alter KKWs zu halten ist: Not much, da neue Fehler und eventuell sogar größere Risiken entstehen aus Zeit- und Gelddruck. Richtigerweise wurden die fehleranfälligen alten KKWs vor gut einem Jahr abgeschaltetohne Fukushima würden einige von denen noch laufen. Aber auch in Frankreich ticken jede Menge Zeitbomben.

Die wichtigste Energiequelle in Industrieländern ist derzeit immer noch das Energiesparen.