Three years ago, I had already announced on this blog (New Immigration Law adopted): The old 外国人登録証明書 Certificate of Alien Registration to the new 在留 カード Zairū kaado – “resident card” be replaced. The kick fell to today. This applies to all, do not enter with a tourist visa in Japan. Here, bullet points some facts about the new map:
- The new card is more colorful
- The new card has beautiful holograms
- The new card has an RFID chip sexy, which can be read without direct contact to the map. But do not worry – According to authorities, everything is quite safe
- You no longer need to go to the local town hall, to obtain the map or change. A walk to the nearest immigration office ranges. With luck, the only 30 km.
- Man darf, then one meets certain requirements (housebroken, Sample student with a high content etc.) 5 Years instead of a maximum 3 Years remain
- Man darf, under certain conditions, but for now remain secret, even leave the country without re-entry permit and re-enter.
- You must be registered in the register of the residential home town. Can. Can. Should.
- I know almost as illegal im ist Land, one can get a map and is thus freed from the onerous health care. More precisely, it is exempt from all social services.
In earnest: While the government celebrates the new system, because it will all be much better. At the very least be given so that more foreigners in Japan for Japanese rights selbstredende. I've written rights? No, my duties. Because now Foreigners are also included in the normal population register, For example, the procedure moves on to another city complex. But at least it is included in the census. So far there have been strange rules: In Japanese households have at least one person be designated as head of household. In mixed marriages, this could never be the foreign partner – either had to be the head of the Japanese partner, or both. This is quite strange: In my case, I rented the apartment though and am also the one, pays the taxes and everything else, But I can not just be the head of household. Whether this is so important, is another matter, But for various procedures that may well be a disadvantage. Bis Mon ins local Subscribing Registry (Resident registry network – Juki just) is taken, but will probably still pass even a year.
The abolition of Re-entry Permit – Re-entry Permit (Re-entry permit) is commendable, But there may be some conditions. Must re-entry within one year be. And it is probably still another if and but. This re-entry permit was always a mystery to me: Although I have a permanent residence permit (in Japanese, the word more clearly: 永 住 権 Eijūken – “live-forever-right”), but the “forever” would end if and, without that if I leave the license. Way they would, and I would have to start back again (with some bad luck on prison). I can only recommend all foreigners living in Japan at the moment, quite accurately to ask about the situation with the re-entry permit, otherwise there may be surprises in the re-entry.
The introduction of the card is aimed in large part from the illegals in the country. Illegal – These are mostly people, who came to Japan at some point, their visas and were covered. This went so far been relatively easy, because even “Illegal” could get into town halls their Alien Registration Card, as the town halls were apparently not with the Justice Department in connection. Only with such a card could take medical care to the victims and claim their children to school and so on and so forth. With the abolition of the old card expires all: A new card can “Illegal” not receive, and so these people are cut off from all social care.
Incidentally, the old cards are still up 2015 valid - unless, they can differ, changes his residence or represents something stupid, but again: Better check with the authorities. Japan is not fun to sew with Visa- and reporting violations.
Provides information to the MoJ - more - official (Ministry of Justice): To all foreign nationals residing in Japan Beginning on Monday, July 9, 2012, Start of a new residency management system!